04 May, 2017
1846 Times Read.
Banking Awareness 2016,
RSS Feed for this Article
Race to SBI PO Mains 2017
Dear Reader, Most of you might have given Preliminary Exam of SBI 2017. Its time for you to buckle your seats and move towards Mains exam. With dates inching towards next stage We are here with some new current issues which are essentially important from descriptive exam point of you and also in objective exam. Lets Start with a current scheme by Central Government.
UDAAN (Ude Desh ke Aam Nagrik)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has flagged off India’s first regional flight system, called the Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik (UDAN) scheme.
- The first regional flight under the Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik (UDAN) scheme will be between Shimla and New Delhi and PM Narendra Modi will flag off the first flight on April 27, the aviation ministry announced.
What is UDAAN
- UDAN (‘Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik’) is a first-of-its-kind scheme globally to stimulate regional connectivity through a market-based mechanism, the PMO said in a tweet.
- The first phase of the scheme has seen three inaugural flights that were launched in the sectors of Shimla-Delhi, Kadapa-Hyderabad and Nanded-Hyderabad.
Financial Burden on Government
- “Airfare for a 1-hour journey of approximately 500 kilometres on a fixed wing aircraft or for 30-minute journey on a helicopter would be capped at Rs 2,500,” the PMO said.
- The Airports Authority of India has approved 27 proposals which will see 27 currently served airports, 12 currently underserved airports and 31 currently unserved airports (for a total of 70 airports) connected.
- The airline companies chosen are Airline Allied Services (Alliance Air), SpiceJet, Turbo Megha Airways, Air Deccan and Air Odisha.
- The seating capacity of aircraft under the scheme will range from 19 to 78, and 50 percent of the seats in every flight will have a fare cap of Rs 2,500 per seat per hour.
- The aviation ministry launched ‘Ude Deshka Aam Naagrik’ (UDAN) Regional Connectivity Scheme in October, 2 Under the scheme, the government will provide air connectivity to unserved and underserved airports in the country.
- The UDAN Scheme is a key component of the National Civil Aviation Policy (NCAP) which was released on June 15, 2016.
- The connectivity is being provided at a subsidised fare of Rs 2,500 for per hour of flights.
- The aviation ministry will fund the subsidy by charging a landing fee on airlines operating on the trunk routes.
Hope you had enjoyed this topic. Stay with us for more topics
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.