20 Jan, 2016
11673 Times Read.
Banking Awareness 2016,
RSS Feed for this Article
1) Which bank on 14 January 2016 became the first public sector bank to launch wealth management services?
b) Allahabad Bank
c) UCO Bank
d) Canara Bank
2) Which private sector bank during January 2016 claimed to have become the first private sector bank in India to cross Rs. 1 lakh crore mark in mortgage disbursals?
a) HDFC Bank
b) Indus-Ind Bank
c) ICICI Bank
d) Axis Bank
3) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), the new international finance institution that aims to support the building of infrastructure in the Asia-Pacific region, was formally launched during January 2016. Which Indian was elected to the 12-member board of this bank?
a) Ramesh Damani
b) Dinesh Sharma
c) Arun Jaitley
d) Prakash Hegde
4) What is the proposed tax-holiday to be provided to “Start-ups” coming into existence after 1 April 2016, as announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the inaugural session of the Start-Up India programme during January 2016?
a) 10 years
b) 5 years
c) 3 years
d) 2 years
5) What is the name given to SBI’s first specialized branch for catering to the financial needs of start-ups that was opened on 14 January 2016 in Bengaluru?
a) ‘Start-up SBI’
b) ‘SBI Start-up’
c) ‘SBI Staart’
d) ‘SBI InCube’
6) Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) launched which closed-ended single-premium plan for sale from 11 January 2016?
a) Jeevan Prakash
b) Jeevan Samriddhi
c) Jeevan Shikhar
d) Jeevan Alok
7) Which private sector bank has recently partnered FINO PayTech to foray into the payments bank space, as announced on 8 January 2016?
a) ICICI Bank
b) HDFC Bank
c) Yes Bank
d) Kotak Mahindra Bank
8) What was the main reason for the 1-day bank strike observed by bank employees on 8 January 2016?
a) To protest against the proposed committee on monetary policy to undermine the role of the RBI
b) To protest against alleged upper-hand given to private banks in managing their NPAs
c) To protest against violation of employees service agreements by the five associate banks of the SBI
d) To demand better working conditions and salary structure
9) Which associate bank of SBI was imposed a fine of Rs. 1 crore by the RBI during January 2016 for violation of some of its instructions?
a) State Bank of Hyderabad
b) State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
c) State Bank of Patiala
d) State Bank of Travancore
10) Which PSU bank agreed to buy four premium Mumbai flats belonging to Air India in an all-cash deal of Rs. 90 crore under airline’s asset monetization plan?
a) Bank of Baroda
c) Canara Bank
| MCQs | Banking MCQs | Bank Questions | Bank Based Questions| 2016 Bank Questions | Banking Questions 2016 |
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.