31 Dec, 2015
8517 Times Read.
Banking Awareness 2016,
RSS Feed for this Article
- What is the name of the m-wallet (mobile wallet) application of State Bank of India (SBI) that was launched by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on 18 August 2015? – SBI Buddy
- Which bank on 4 July 2015 became the first in the country to launch the MUDRA Card, under the Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY) scheme? – Corporation Bank
- Which bank launched India’s first contactless debit and credit card on 7 January 2015 that enables one to make payments by just waving the card near merchant terminals instead of swiping the same? – ICICI Bank
- Country’s largest private bank – ICICI Bank on 25 May 2015 launched which new password service for its customers? – Voice Password Service
- Which private bank on 10 February 2015 launched first-of-its-kind digital banking service called “Pockets”, which enables users to instantly send money to any e-mail id, mobile number, friends on Facebook and bank account? – ICICI Bank
- ICICI Bank on 20 April 2015 launched a new payment service called ‘Tap-n-Pay’ which enables customers make over-the-counter payments without using cash. This first-of-its-kind payment service was launched in collaboration with which IT company? – Tech Mahindra
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.